The A-Line It is what it is, unless it is not
Currently at 354 posts / 50 categories / 530 comments / feed / comments feed
2010
Mar

On Hiatus

The A-Line will return when it returns, unless it does not.

6 Comments

1. '71 Hokie — March 29, 2010 #

Non illigitamus carborundum (Don’t let the bastards grind you down, or for that matter the loons).

2. In The Meantime — April 7, 2010 #

Al Skinner bites the dust. Cornell’s Donahue to Fredo.  “…Skinner was fired after 13 years in which he became the winningest coach in BC history and took the Eagles to seven NCAA tournaments in a nine-year span. In announcing the decision, athletic director Gene DeFilippo said he was looking for a more exciting style of play than the banging, Big East system that Skinner favored.”  That theological terminology could be quite confusing at first.
    Clemson’s Purnell rick-rolls his AD: “Clemson athletic director Dr. Terry Don Phillips said during a news conference he was shocked by Purnell’s decision to leave. He said he learned of the move during a phone call from the coach at about 1:30 a.m. Tuesday. “I’m not sure I know what to say,” Phillips said. “I’m in a little bit of shock. … I’m as surprised as anyone.”
    That’s high comedy right there.

in the meantime.

Greg Reply:

And the Butler coach is high on Klempson’s list.  Imagine him coming to the ACC.  He’s already proven he can recruit and coach.  From obscure Butler to Clemson.  Wow!!  The conference may be on the verge of some greatness in college basketball.  I wonder if he would turn down that offer.

ETHokie Reply:

Yeah, if he has ever been to Clem”s son, he would turn it down.  I don’t think Indianapolis is regarded as one of the more exciting cities in the U. S., but it beats the heck out of Clem’s son.  Even Blacksburg is metropolitan compared to Clem’s son.  And what can his young wife buy at the mall in 6-mile, South Carolina?  Peaches?

Greg Reply:

Ah yes, downtown Clemson.  I remember it well when we went down there for the last VT FB game with the Tiggers.  We liked to never find the turn off for the parking area.  Absolutely no directions, signs or anything.  Then after the game……..  Took us nearly 2 hours to get out of town.  That said, enough $$$$$ thrown their way and wifey can fly to NY, Miami, Chicago, LA or anywhere else her little heart wants to shop.

Robert D Reply:

I have the feeling that if Brad Stevens leaves Butler, it will be for a better job than Clemson.  If Tom Crean can’t get it in gear in Bloomington soon, that’s a job I could see Stevens biting on.